Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Bit About Maggie Thalheimer


What's your favorite moment of a wedding?
When the bride and groom walk down the aisle just after being announced husband and wife.

What is your go-to lens?
It depends on the situation, but I carry two cameras on me during a shoot.  One camera always as a 24-105, and the other usually has my 70-200.

Do you have a fail-safe location you couldn't do without?
Olive Park.  It provides a park, a beautiful view of the skyline and the beach!  It works great with both small and large wedding parties.

What is your favorite appetizer?
I rarely turn down crab cakes.

A funny or weird thing that has happened to you while shooting?
I cannot remember the "funniest" thing, but groomsmen are always weird...

Some photographers that inspire you:

Favorite venues:

Favorite movies:

Favorite Chicago neighborhood:
West Loop and Lincoln Park.

Best vacation destination:
Anywhere with good company, beautiful weather, and delicious food.

Who are your favorite bands/artists?

If you could see one band, front row, dead or alive, who would it be?

First concert:
Britney Spears and BBMak.  I'm not afraid to admit it!

Play an instrument?
I played trombone for about a week when I was in 5th grade, but that's about it.

How did you meet your special someone?
I met Brad at Ohio University, but how we actually met is a mystery.

What's your favorite wedding color combo?
Grey and yellow.

If you could be an animal, what would you be?
I have always wanted to be a dolphin.

Dogs or cats?
Dogs.  Cats are gross.  They can give you toxoplasmosis.

Best Chicago restaurant:

If you were hosting a guest that has never been to Chicago before, where would you take them?
I would take them to breakfast at the Bongo Room, vintage shopping in Bucktown, happy hour on Market's rooftop, then dinner at Decero.

No comments:

Post a Comment